Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wilted... Court Duty Calls


Yesterday was the first day of 2007 that was downright flower-wilting hot. Our outdoor digital thermometer registered 100°F in the shade. Today will be much the same - as I write this is 90° out there. Due to the weather, and after my regular work-out, I decided to attend the deep water aerobics class for the first time. The exercises were easy enough to do, but I have absolutely no coordination whatsoever. Good thing no one could tell that from top-side, or they would have been laughing their asses off. It was a long hour - a bit boring, but at the end of the session, I felt I had a fair workout. I just need to get my feet and hands doing what they need to do! Then I think the workout will be even better.

Also as I write this, my Significant Other is suffering mightily at Alameda County Court - she's got Jury Duty. Un-excused - so far. They are looking for jurors in a criminal case that isn't even scheduled to start until the day after she is scheduled to leave for Ohio, for goodness sake. Not to mention her job and taking care of two kidlets.

We're hoping mightily that the judge will allow her to be exempted this time around.

Keep your fingers crossed and send good vibes!

Late Note:
It is now 95° at 1:25pm. Oi.